Saturday, January 17, 2009

Odd day at the beach

Since the weather has been super-balmy, I went to the beach yesterday to jog and then relax a little. While I was there I saw the strangest mix of people.

First, there was someone filming a movie while driving a car in the parking lot...with one of those hand-held cameras. Their actor was chasing the car in a suit...but just the top half...he was in shorts at the bottom half.

Then I saw a women sitting on a bench, in the middle of nowhere, wearing hot pink, 5-inch heeled pumps, reading a magazine. She was a complete knock-out, a tiny little thing...with hot pink sunglasses to match. I have no idea how she got there in those pumps since there wasn't a business across the street or anything to explain a short walk.

Then I passed a guy in a purple suit...with the kind of fabric where you brush it one way and it gets a little darker and the other way it's lighter. Like velvet. And the suit was too small or something because I could see his white socks...which were relishing their spot in a pair of those high-fashion men's shoes with the longer toes...but the shoes were bright chartreuse.

Then to top it off, there were 2 guys, wearing only their boxer briefs, standing in the surf. One was playing a saxaphone and the other beating a drum.

Yes, it was an odd day at the beach.

2 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I wish this post had a picture to go along with it!

And may it be stated my new dislike for you since you spent the day at THE BEACH!!!!!!

Miss you, friend.

Mickie said...

I know...I need to get more bold with my picture taking.

You need to come visit me so that you too can enjoy the beach!!

Miss you too...