Sunday, July 5, 2009

Street Dance

The town I grew up in, Laurel, MT, is known throughout the state for their terrific Fourth of July celebration. The night before the 4th they have a big street dance where everyone gathers to basically drink...lol. As a kid, I'd babysit for people attending the dance, but never actually went there myself. Via facebook I've been connecting to people from high school and thus got invited to attend the street dance with a group of people this year. Wow...little did I know what I'd been missing.


These are all people I went to ELEMENTARY school with! Wow...


The band...maybe about two people danced.


Please do notice the number of cowboy hats in the crowd. Yes, this is where I grew up.


The long line of porta pottys. They needed them though...I guess when that much beer is flowing it's a necessity. And, actually, one memborable moment in the evening was when someone suddenly threw up while standing in the middle of the crowd. You should have seen everyone scurry away...gross...but lol...


I actually kind of had a good time with it all. And it was really good to see people from my past!

1 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

this is hilarious. yes, LA must be a bit different from where you grew up!!!