People go all out for the Laurel Fourth of July parade. This is someone's house on the parade route. I believe they rented these enthusiastic lawn decorations. Also, you should have seen the range of 4th of July themed shirts at the event.
Several politically-themed entries this year.
A big group protest about big government and spending.
Also, several entries doing a little early campaigning.
Church entries were also a big contingency in the parade. I highlight this one because it is the church associated with the school I attended for most of my upbringing. Notice that all the girls are wearing skirts....that's manditory at all times for the denomination.
And the obligatory horses.
The line of antique tractors.
And...after the parade...they had a booth set up where you could buy a variety of knives. You want a good weapon in case you get into a knife fight or need to skin a deer during the fireworks.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Just a couple of highlights from the parade
Posted by Mickie at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment