Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sweeney Todd



I saw a performance of Sweeney Todd this past weekend. It is a musical about a man seeking revenge for wrongs done to him in his past. He is a barber (think old school kind with a razor-blade) who uses his trade to hand out his own version of justice (or at least kill those along the way who impede his quest to seek revenge). A friend from my internship was in the musical (as the evil, corrupt judge...which was quite fun to watch) and got me free tickets.

However, the most ironic thing about the musical was that it was all about what a lack of forgiveness can do to you...and earlier in the day I had given a presentation to the organization I work for on the topic of forgiveness. The musical was an interesting contrast to the emphasis of my talk!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Have you seen the film with Depp?

Mickie said...

I haven't see the film...which made the musical so terrific to see. Since I didn't know that plot at all, I was surprised at the ending etc. Very fun. Now maybe I need to take in the movie...