Friday, April 11, 2008

A few non-employment related things...

Last Sunday I was feeling really, really stressed about life, the post-doc, my new rotation on internship etc., etc. So I decided to take a quick trip to the "coast" near New Haven, Connecticut. (Really I wanted to go to Cape Cod...but I chose someplace 2 hours away instead of 5 hours away). I tried to find as many lighthouses as I could while I was near New Haven...I only found one...here it is below. The picture is striking to me now though because (I didn't notice it then) but the weather was really matching my mood at the time...a bit dreary and slightly ominously anxious.



I also tried to find a beach while I was there. (I was hoping that glancing out over the vast ocean...well, bay, really...would bring perspective.) I took this picture of the sea shells and stuff the sea had tossed onto the beach. And I started thinking about the fact that the beach basically contains the ocean's garbage. The broken, diseased, dead stuff. How gross is it to think about how our summer vacation really is a trip to the dump! :)


Finally, on Easter I got to color eggs with Josiah and Ben. My favorite part of the egg coloring was the fact that many of the eggs had a Zelda-themed motif...the computer game that both the boys are obsessed with. You have to love it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the light house picture it is awesome and the weather made it artistic too.