Monday, August 27, 2007

herbs and also Mexican food

Ok...you know I don't have much of a social life yet when I'm reporting on herbs. Over the weekend (while being social with Cyndi and Malcom!) I bought three herb plants: oregano, rosemary, and thai basil. They feel like my new babies. We are going to make lots of yummy food together!



And speaking of good food...I wanted to report that I tried my first Mexican food here, and already I've found a place better than anything in Cleveland. Poughkeepsie has a Mexican grocery store and out front they have a trailer where two fluent Spanish-speaking guys sell tacos. Yum...they were fresh and delish...I mean the tacos. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will expect lots of fun spicy food when we arrive.

MOM

Anonymous said...

yum you make me want to get a taco myself. maybe i will sell tacos on the street too.

cbpaschall said...

That is so fun! I love herbs--especially the holy trinity of herbs that you have growing as your babies. I am especially into thyme right now and especially when it is on chicken or soups. Also, I am a firm believer that there should be easy access to good mexican food wherever you live so I am so glad you found one so quickly!!!! YUM!!!

Ryan said...

I have a decent Mexican place near where I live, and when I say near, I mean a two hour drive away.

Nice photo of a photo of you, btw.