Saturday, June 7, 2008

mouse II

I woke up this morning and investigated my mouse situation. I noticed that when I opened the door to the bathroom there were little wood chips all over the floor near the door. The mouse had gotten out from under the plastic drawers where I thought I had him permanently captured...and was trying to eat his way out of the door! See, my fears about him crawling in bed with me were not unfounded!



As I continued to investigate I noticed that he had taken all the insulation out from around the pipe behind the toilet. I'm hoping with the intention of escaping and never returning!



However, I did lay a down a couple of traps just in case. Oh, and I'm, in a very paranoid way, terrified of my bathroom. I actually wish I'd catch him just so I could feel comfortable taking a shower again!

3 comments:

cbpaschall said...

That's crazy! Okay, so here's a little tip I learned when we lived at a house where there were mice. All of the plumbing pipe holes is where they come in and if you put steel wool (a huge bag is about $3) stuffed into the openings they won't get in because they can't gnaw through it. It totally worked!

Mickie said...

This is a fabulous idea! I'm going to buy some tomorrow!

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

You can also do the same w/ tin foil (like Reynolds wrap foil).

Ugh. Where'd he go?!

That is hilarious! Only because I'm not stuck in the house w/ him.