Today I signed a statement on http://www.jamesdobsondoesntspeakforme.com/
I have to say that I am really sick of the leadership in evangelical Christianity completely missing the point. They are so busy defending their doctrine that they can't see that they have turned into Pharisees...battling more about specific aspects of their views than actually promoting Godliness and goodness.
Part of the statement that I signed:
James Dobson doesn't speak for me.
Micah speaks for me in reminding us that the Lord requires us to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with Him;
The prophet Isaiah speaks for me in his call for all to come and reason together and also to seek justice, encourage the oppressed and to defend the cause of the vulnerable;
The words of the apostle Paul speak for me in saying that words spoken and deeds done without love amount to nothing.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
James Dobson does not speak for me.
Posted by Mickie at 9:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for pointing to this. I signed too - I also can't stand Dobson.
Post a Comment