Sunday, June 15, 2008

do I have a new computer yet?

I've owned my Dell laptop since the spring of 2006. I got a 4-year warranty on it, and, boy, am I glad I did! I have had the CD drive, the mouse pad (so the whole top of the computer), and the hard drive all replaced. My ether net port stopped working yesterday, and, since it is connected to the mother-board, I'm getting an entirely new mother-board. I think that basically adds up to a whole new computer...what is left to replace?

I do have to say though...Dell's customer service is terrific. They send someone to my house so that I don't even have to send away my computer in the mail!

1 comments:

kate said...

mickie...i've had the same thing. dell laptop will last for four years, TOPS. i'm on my third, and it is like clockwork, every four years, it must be reborn. but you can't beat the customer service. what can you do?!