My parents became committed followers of Christ during the late 70's. As a part of this process they were encouraged to eliminate any current "secular" music from their lives. Consequently, I grew up avoiding music on the main radio stations. Instead, I had my radio tuned to melodies of the 50's and 60's. This type of music still brings up a certain contendedness yet dancy-feeling in me, which, I am surmising, is why I currently am loving the music of Amy Winehouse. Her music definitely has a retro edge to it. So that you can get a feel for what I'm talking about, I've posted one of her videos below. It is the title song from her album, Back to Black.
If you enjoyed that, you might also want to check out:
Wake up Alone
Me and Mr. Jones
Rehab
You Know I"m No Good
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Amy Winehouse
Posted by Mickie at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love that song! I love the music, I'll check it out on itunes. So is it just me or does Amy have an uncanny resemblance to Janice (say with nose plugged) from "Friends"?
Is it me, or does she look kind of creepy in this video? :)
Post a Comment