Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Historic Election of '08


The elementary school where I cast my vote for Obama.


Carrie and I proudly displaying our "I voted" stickers.

Election 2008 044
Grub for the celebration.

Election 2008 051
Sips of my world-famous sangria kept up the festivities when anchors droned on too long.


We watched the results come in on a huge screen t.v.

Election 2008 058
Even the birds got in on the celebration...


Here I am dancing in the living room as the announcement is made that Barack Obama is going to be the next president of the United States.



Ok...and I know this was a completely nerdy thing to do...but I couldn't stop taking photos of the t.v. screen.



(This image let the tears really start flowing...)


I though McCain gave a very gracious speech.


Incredible image...but didn't love Michelle's dress (lol...how shallow is that)


Ok...again...I know I'm a big nerd...you all saw this for yourselves..but...

2 comments:

www.thecrazydaisies.wordpress.com said...

I saw on TMZ.com they said "Oh no she didn't..." about her dress. He he.

Looks like a good time. Love the bird on the lap.

Anonymous said...

We will all be anxious to see what type of pooch they bring into the White House. Thanks for sharing!