Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chinatown and Koreatown with Ryan


Ryan Cordell, my friend from Black Forest Academy, visited LA last week. Since he just returned from Korea, after living there for a few years, he had some inside knowledge about good Asian food. And since I'm living in the land of good food, in general, we set out to find something some winning grub.


Ryan said that one of his favorite items to eat in Korea was Shabu Shabu. In this dish you are given a plate of thinly sliced meat which you cook in a boiling pot of broth. They give you rice and some terrific sauces to dip everything into. Yum is all I can say.


For dessert we had Bingsu. Korean shaved ice that is topped with a range of fruit...and beans (which was kind of weird, but interesting).


Ryan and I also wandered around a couple of Asian markets. Asian stores have the cutest little treats. I got some tiny chocolate mushrooms.


And some panda faces. All this to say, I had a terrific time exploring LA's Koreatown and Chinatown with Ryan!

1 comments:

Ryan said...

You still need to go back and get the Milkis.