Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nor'easter

The weather forcast today said that we were going to get a big snow storm. I have a 50 minute commute to my job so I decided to take the train down to work...however, they changed the train schedule, and I ended up missing the train by 8 minutes. This was a large sadness because the weather was horrible!

I made it to work via my car, but then my supervisor let me return home after only being at work for an hour. It then took me 2.5 hours to get home. At first I was feeling frustrated with all the mamby-pamby drivers in New York...but then I realized this snow is horrible...even an inch of it and the roads are ice because its so wet. I ended up finally making it to within 500 feet of my apartment complex when traffic stopped. I finally got out of my car to check up on the holdup, only to see a jacknifed semi blocking the road. ARGH! Eventually they did clear it all up, and I made it home...but all I've done today is sit in my car!


The traffic back-up 500 feet from my house.

3 comments:

cbpaschall said...

That is crazy! I don't think i have ever experienced that. I hope you can just hole up today under a blanket with a few good books!

Ryan said...

So at any point in that drive did you miss the days in the dorm when your commute from room to work was opening up the door?

Anonymous said...

What a frustrating day, but you can be "glad" you made it home safely. Is this the same storm that iced up Oklahoma and Illinois?