Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Here are a couple things I'm thankful for this year...

1. My family. Working with families with lots of problems makes me feel overwhelemd with gratitude for my parents. When I was a kid, they always communicated their love for me and parented with such wisdom. I truly have been given an gift.

2. Cyndi and Malcolm. My friends here in NY have taken me in like a family member. I went with them to be with their extended family for Thanksgiving. They are so good to me.

3. My career. I sometimes struggle with being single still, but when I'm at my job, I'm so thankful that this is where life has lead me thus far. It is rare to enjoy what you do on a day to day basis and to feel like you are doing something meaningful, and I don't think this is how it would have worked out if was married by age 25 like I'd planned.

4. Travel. Twice I have lived outside the U.S. Once in Papua New Guinea. Once in Germany. In addition to that I've been to China, Hong Kong, all of Europe, Honduras, Israel, and Gaza. When I watch the news taped in foreign cities, I get to try to recognize buildings and landmarks because I've been there.

5. The internet. I know this one is a bit weird, but really, I love being able to communicate with a lot of people who are in other places at the touch of a button. Plus I'm hoping at some point that one of the dating sites I'm on will eventually produce a husband...lol.

0 comments: