So I finally know what settings I'll be working in over the next year. During the first 6 months I will be working at a substance abuse clinic and a clinic servicing economically disadvantaged women who are suffering from postpartum depression. I think I'm going to get some unique experiences at both sites.
During the second six months, staring in March, I will be doing working in Partial Hospitilization. Partial Hospitilization is a program that people go into after they have been hospitalized for a psychiatric disorder. It is an intense, usually 5 days a week, therapy which uses mainly a group therapy format. While there, I'm going to be learning how to do DBT (Dialetical Behavior Therapy) which is a cutting-edge therapy for people with severe emotional disturbances.
Altogether, I've been really happy with my sense of the internship thus far!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
My Rotations
Posted by Mickie at 6:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment