
During the lent season, I've been attending a series of talks on contemplative prayer at a local nunnery. They've been talking about the art of sitting still before God. Not asking for things in a prayer time, but, instead, just making space for Him to bring peace or change an attitude or just do what He wants. It's very meditative, and I've found it very beautiful. I have to say that one advantage of this area is the myriad of Catholic resources in the area...there are a variety of monasteries and nunneries. It has been great to see the practices of another Christian tradition than my own. Pictured above is sister Hildegaard who has been the lecturer I've been hearing the last few weeks.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
contemplative prayer
Posted by Mickie at 5:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wish I could go with you! I love the Catholic perspective when it comes to things like Lent, Easter, Ash Wed, etc. There can be such meaning in the "active" type of celebrations.
Wish I could go with you! I love the Catholic perspective when it comes to things like Lent, Easter, Ash Wed, etc. There can be such meaning in the "active" type of celebrations.
I completely agree. Because I'm not as familiar with the symbolism in the rituals, I get a ton out of it.
"nunnery" isn't the term convent? However, I too use the term nunnery and always get in trouble with Penny
Howard
Post a Comment