Sunday, February 24, 2008

Washington DC

I just got back from visiting my friend Shoshana who lives in DC. It was just a quick weekend trip, but here are some highlights.


This is the bus I took from NYC to DC. It was only $25 each way...what a deal! And wasn't scary at all (like I thought it might be).


Shoshana and I went to the Smithsonian National Portrait Museum and Art Gallery. This was probably the most interesting piece I saw. Very sad in a weird way!


However, the most popular portrait in the museum was of Steven Colbert who is a comedian on the Comedy Channel. In a series of clips on his show, he tries to convince the Smithsonian that he is a national treasure...the Smithsonian agrees to go along with the joke, but hangs his portrait next to the bathrooms. (For the whole story...Steven Colbert at the National Portrait Gallery) There was a real mob around it!


They were having a special exhibit on HipHop and Portraiture. We decided to snap a photo in front of some graffiti.

A lovely weekend altogether!

0 comments: