Friday, September 12, 2008

Waves of Happiness and Gratitude

My car now has California license plates. I am officially a California resident.


Honestly, once or twice a day, a wave of happiness and gratitude comes over me about this. I love being here. I love cities. I love this big, sprawling, overwhelming city. I love that this city has so many people, different people, bizarre people, snobby people...people with so many customs and practices that aren't mine. It makes me so happy. And food! On Wednesday I went to little Ethiopia for dinner...on Thursday out for this incredible Thai...and then this evening Vegetarian Indian food, where half the restaurant guests were in Hare Krishna saris.


This is the home that is making this all possible at the moment. Carrie and Danny Paschall have taken me in while I'm figuring out job stuff. I'm so happy at this house! And isn't it simply adorable with it's little palm trees peeking out from behind!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Carrie and Danny for sharing your lovely dwelling with our "homeless" daughter!
Mickie - your car looks better with California plates.
I am so happy for you.